Holiday gatherings pose a serious health risk this year. The safest gathering occurs only amongst those who quarantine for 14 days, a very difficult but smart choice. For those unable to meet that high bar of safety, the Infection Control Specialists at St. John’s and Woodwinds Hospitals offer the following suggestions to keep everyone safe:
- Prepare traditional recipes or treats for neighbors and
- family, especially for those at higher risk of severe illness from COVID-19. Deliver the treats in a way that does not involve physical contact – a door drop-off or mailing.
- Play music in your home that your loved ones enjoy. Make a music video with those in your household and share it with family and friends.
- Host a virtual “best decorated mask” contest for fun, creativity, and laughter. If you must wear a mask, why not bedazzle or personalize it?
- Host or join a virtual get-together celebration. Make it one that brings joy for everyone.
- Schedule a virtual ugly sweater contest.
- Watch a special event or participate in a program from your own living room and talk about the highlights via a smartphone or virtual platform with others in your family. It’s a way to stay together while being apart.
What are some creative ways we can celebrate the season, spread joy and stay safe?