This link is for an extensive map of our cemetery and includes date of birth/death, age, gender, funeral home (if recorded) of the deceased. [Data is updated quarterly].
Facts about our Guardian Angels Cemetery
- First burial according to verified records we have found was in 1871.
- Currently, our cemetery is 4.01 acres, has 2,199 recorded burials and capacity for over 1,700 more burials.
- We average 60 burials a year.
- The Garden of Angels has total capacity of 364 gravesites of which now 77 remain. We provide free burials to non-denominational families for miscarriages, stillborn and babies under the age of 3 months. Our mission first started with HealthEast and the local Bradshaw mortuaries in this ministry. Now the mission has grown to include Saint Paul east side mortuaries.
- Back in September 2019 Columbarium #4 was installed between the Historic Church and our cemetery’s ‘Old Section’. This columbarium includes 36 single niches and 40 double niches. Spring 2022, two of the same sized columbaria (#5 and #6) will be installed. Allowing an additional 80 double niches and 72 single niches.
- Prayer Garden currently has over 500 engraved pavers installed with ample capacity for more.
- 238 veterans are recorded in our cemetery, 200 of these are buried. If you have a loved one in our cemetery who was a veteran, let us know so we can update our cemetery database. For Memorial Day, an American flag honors our veterans with military flags placed at their grave.