Food Shelf Garden
Welcome to the Guardian Angels Food Shelf Garden!
We all are adapting our activities in this uncertain time. At the Parish Food Shelf Garden, we are working to ensure the safety of our volunteers and the food we grow. Food insecurity is on the rise and that need will continue, so we are committed to providing healthy produce to the area food shelves we serve. We have added additional hygiene and sanitation procedures for our garden this year and we welcome you to share in this commitment to safety. Please click here to review the document Volunteering in the Garden to acquaint yourself with these procedures.
Gardening experience is not required to volunteer – all abilities are welcome! Because of the COVID-19 virus, we are temporarily requiring that volunteers be 12 years old or older. Soon, we hope to offer special family days when we will welcome younger children to the garden, so watch this space for updates.
If you are interested in digging in the dirt with us, we invite you to click this link to sign up. https://signup.com/go/pzpzkOR.
If you prefer to help us with more administrative or organizational work that can be done on the phone or via email, contact our volunteer, John Capecchi.
Garden Hours May - October (weather permitting)
- Saturday mornings, 8:30 - 10:30 a.m.
- Monday mornings, 8:30 - 10:30 a.m.
- Thursday afternoons, 2:30 - 4:30 p.m.
Help with Deliveries:
- Monday mornings, 9:15 a.m.
- Thursday afternoons, 4:00 p.m.
Food Shelves Who Distribute Our Produce
- Christian Cupboard Emergency Food Shelf, Oakdale and surrounding areas
- Friends in Need Food Shelf, Cottage Grove
- North Saint Paul Food Shelf
- Valley Outreach, Stillwater
Other Sites Who Benefit
- Hope for the Journey Home
- Catholic Charities Opportunity Center and Dorothy Day Residence