Upcoming Events Schedule
- Sun. 26 May, 2013 (7:30 am)
- Sun. 26 May, 2013 (9:00 am)
- Sun. 26 May, 2013 (11:00 am)
- Last Updated on Thursday, 04 October 2012 03:38
For youth entering grade 2 in the fall of 2012:
The preparation for the Sacrament of First Reconciliation will be in the fall of 2012. It will include peer learning sessions in classrooms, a large group session with parents and children together, as well as some home learning activities. We will celebrate the Sacramend in November 2012.
Preparation at Home and at Church
The preparation process includes both activities at church and a program of home study. We expect parents to be fully involved in preparing their children to receive these sacraments. As the bishops of the Second Vatican Council proclaimed, parents are “the first to pass on the faith to their children and to educate them in it,” and they should receive “training, at once many sided and complete” if they are to be “fully effective.” To support this, we provide a series of parent education sessions as well as parent and child learning experiences.
First Reconciliation Preparation Begins with all Faith Formation classes on October 3 and 7, 2012
Click for Sunday 2012-2013 schedule.
Click for Wednesday 2012-2013 schedule.
Expectations of Parents & Children:
1. All families must attend peer learning sessions, Parent and Child learning Experience, and an interview.
2. Parents and children need to do some at home activities.
3. All families will be regular participants in weekend Eucharist throughout the time of preparation.
LATE REGISTRATIONS are subject to approval by the coordinator.
Questions? Contact Sara Fleetham at 651-789-3179
You are invited to join our online First Reconciliation / First Euchraist Group for up-to-date information and to connect with others.