- Last Updated on Friday, 22 March 2013 21:15
(you need the current Adobe Flash to view images - download Adobe Flash here.)
This link is for an extensive map of our cemetery and includes date of birth/death, age, gender, funeral home (if recorded) of the deceased. [Data is updated quarterly].
The Church of the Guardian Angels Cemetery
Click here for a pdf with our Cemetery fees.
The Cemetery Committee meets on the fourthThursday of the month.
Join our Cemetery Committee online group!
Contact Denny Farrell (789-3169) for more information.
Facts about our Guardian Angels Cemetery:
• First burial according to verified records we have found was in 1871
• Currently we have 1,511 recorded burials and capacity for over 2,400 more burials
• We average 35 to 40 burials a year
• Our Garden of Angels now has 64 gravesites. For those that are not familiar, we provide free burials to non-denominational families for miscarriages, stillborns and babies under the age of 3 months. We work with the local Bradshaw mortuaries and HealthEast in this ministry.
• Columbarium installed in September includes 32 single niches and 32 double niches.
• Prayer Garden currently has over 500 engraved pavers installed with a lot more capacity. If interested, follow this link to purchase a memorial paver.
• Current Rules and Regulations are available by clicking here.
You are now able to access a map (**SEE ABOVE!**) of the cemetery that will identify a gravesite you are interested in. Our current data computer data base now has complete information including photos of monuments, markers, and contact information in addition to specifics about the deceased.
The parish thanks Frank Steel for the over 2,100 hours of volunteer hours in automating and populating the data base!
Thank you to the Men’s Club, Maintenance Staff and the Cemetery Committee members for keeping the cemetery looking good. Special thanks to Tom Hermanson for mowing the cemetery grass all summer and Tom and Carol Kub for their volunteer time in taking care of all the trimming around monuments and markers.
Thank you: Cemetery Committee-Sue Pitts, Chair; Frank Steel Vice chair; Tom Hermanson, Mary Schiltgen, Jim Jackson, Judy Rys, Sue Labno, Tom Kub, Jean Jirovec, Donna Runyon, Dave Lacktorin and Denny Farrell. Landscape consultant Bruce Labno.
The Mission of Guardian Angels Church Cemetery and Prayer Garden Committee is to ensure proper interment/inurnment, memorialization and perpetual care in the tradition of the Catholic Church.
The Cemetery and Prayer Garden are our sanctuary until we become one with our soul in everlasting life.
For the mutual protection and benefit of grave owners, the following Rules and Regulations have been adopted by The Church of the Guardian Angels Cemetery, and all grave owners and visitors within the Cemetery and all graves sold shall be subject to said Rules and Regulations, and subject further to such other Rules and Regulations, amendments or alternatives as shall be adopted from time to time.
Last Revised: September 30, 2010.